Has the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast been a blessing to you? Support from our listeners allows us provide resources, support, and encouragement to homeschooling families around the world. As we near the end of 2023, would you please consider a year-end gift to support the Schoolhouse Rocked ministry?
"I hate to tell you, but the foods that they're feeding your kids in school are not nourishing to the body. They are not helping your kids’ bodies. One thing that I love is, with homeschool, I can choose curriculums that line up with our family's view of health.” - Aby Rinella
In this eye-opening episode of the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast, Yvette Hampton sits down with Aby Rinella to discuss the importance of healthy homeschooling and the five health benefits of home education in the areas of Physical, Mental, Spiritual, Social, Academic health. Join the conversation as Aby shares insights on biblical conflict resolution, deep relationships, and the physical and mental health benefits of homeschooling. You'll discover how homeschooling provides a nurturing environment, better sleep patterns, nutritious meals, and protection from bullying and peer pressure. Tune in to learn how homeschooling can positively impact your family's overall well-being!
Watch this full conversation on our YouTube channel.
Podcast Note-Taking Guide
The Importance of Outdoor Play - Aby Rinella | Watch on YouTube
1000 Hours Outside: Activities to Match Screen Time with Green Time , by Ginny Yurich (book)
1000 Hours Outside - Ginny Yurich on the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast | Watch on YouTube
How to Homeschool: A Step-by-Step Guide with Kristi Clover
Getting Started in Homeschooling - Israel Wayne on the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast
More from Aby Rinella on the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast
📚📖 Ready to start homeschooling? Download your free Homeschool Survival Kit today!
🍿🍿🍿 Stream Schoolhouse Rocked: The Homeschool Revolution for FREE today!
❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Are you in need of a fresh vision for your homeschool? Join us for 4 days of Homeschool Encouragement at the Homegrown Generation Family Expo. Use the coupon code PODCAST to save 25% on registration today!
Discussion Questions For the Series:
- What physical health benefits does homeschooling offer compared to traditional schooling methods?
- How does homeschooling provide an opportunity to teach biblical conflict resolution and what real relationships look like?
- What are the advantages of homeschooling when it comes to sleep patterns and overall physical health of children?
- In what ways does homeschooling provide the opportunity to foster healthy eating habits?
- Have you integrated nutrition and cooking into your homeschool curriucum?
- In what ways can the stress and pressure of traditional schooling contribute to mental struggles, disorders, depression, and suicide rates?
- How does homeschooling allow families to incorporate their healthy living style, outdoor lifestyle, and food harvesting into their curriculum?
- How does homeschooling provide a safer environment for children in terms of emotional stress, bullying, and peer pressure?
- How does homeschooling contribute to the positive mental health of children by nurturing their unique qualities and interests?
- Why is it important for parents to prioritize their own mental and emotional well-being when deciding on schooling options for their children?
- What analogies does the speaker use to highlight the importance of preparation and training in homeschooling?
- How does homeschooling give young people the opportunity to identify positive influences and make wise choices, preparing them for adulthood?
Be the most popular mom in your co-op. Get your Schoolhouse Rocked merch here.
CTCMath - CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ's power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
The Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) equips teachers and teaching parents with methods and materials which will aid them in training their students to become confident and competent communicators and thinkers. Using the Structure and Style™ writing method, IEW will give you the ability to fill young minds with language-building skills, laying the groundwork for a lifetime of excellent writing.
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast is proud to be a member of the Christian Podcast Community.