"Socratic dialogue with kids is asking questions... 'What would Scripture say about that?'... You're asking questions that lead them to make the decisions, to make the connections." - Dr. George Barna
In this powerful episode of the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast, host Yvette Hampton interviews renowned researcher and author Dr. George Barna. Join them as they dive deep into the topic of raising spiritual champions in a world of shifting worldviews. Dr. Barna reflects on his extensive national studies and shares key insights on the importance of establishing a solid Biblical worldview - a responsibility that CAN NOT be delegated or surrendered to schools, churches, media or community organizations.
Come back tomorrow for the rest of this important conversation.
Watch this full conversation on our YouTube channel.
Dr. George Barna is a professor at Arizona Christian University and Director of Research at the Cultural Research Center at ACU. He’s an expert on Worldview Studies, Christian Culture, and American Religious Life, Political Studies and Behavior. – Author of 60 books! One of the nation’s most influential Christian Leaders.
Podcast Note-Taking Guide
RAISING SPIRITUAL CHAMPIONS, Nurturing Your Child’s Heart, Mind, and Soul, by Dr. George Barna
Research Insights: How Homeschooling Cultivates Engaged Learners with Dr. Brian Ray
📚📖 Ready to start homeschooling? 🏠📓
🍿 Stream Schoolhouse Rocked: The Homeschool Revolution 🍿 for FREE today and get the 📖 Homeschool Survival Kit 📖 delivered to your inbox immediately!
❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Are you in need of a fresh vision for your homeschool? Join us for 4 days of Homeschool Encouragement at the Homegrown Generation Family Expo. Use the coupon code PODCAST to save 25% on registration today!
Discussion Questions For the Series:
- What are some key outcomes that Dr. George Barna found in his 200 national studies on worldview?
- Do you agree with Dr. Barna's view that everything comes back to worldview? Why or why not?
- How have you seen Biblical worldview addressed in your church? Do you think that your church has been effective in teaching a Biblical Worldview?
- What do you think is the primary crisis in America today, according to Dr. Barna?
- Are you surprised by the statistics Dr. Barna shared about the number of parents with a biblical worldview? Why or why not?
- What do you think it means to have a biblical worldview? How would you define it?
- Do you agree with Dr. Barna's suggestion of using Socratic dialogue with children to teach them biblical principles? Why or why not?
- How can we prioritize discipleship with children in our churches and homes? What changes might need to be made?
- How do you feel about the idea of outsourcing parenting and the potential impact of different worldviews being brought in by hired experts?
- What steps can we take to be more intentional about shaping the worldview of the next generation?
Be the most popular mom in your co-op. Get your Schoolhouse Rocked merch here.
CTCMath - CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ's power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
The Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) equips teachers and teaching parents with methods and materials which will aid them in training their students to become confident and competent communicators and thinkers. Using the Structure and Style™ writing method, IEW will give you the ability to fill young minds with language-building skills, laying the groundwork for a lifetime of excellent writing.
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast is proud to be a member of the Christian Podcast Community.