"God created work even before sin entered the world. It is an expression of worship and an opportunity to glorify God." – Katie Hornor
Join Katie Hornor for her upcoming Flamingo Advantage "Finding Joy in the Journey" Christian marketing retreat, September 21-23, 2023.
Save $10 when you use the coupon code SCHOOLHOUS here.
Are you a working homeschool mom looking for practical guidance and encouragement? Join us on the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast, where host Yvette Hampton invites Katie Hornor to share her remarkable journey as a devoted mother, entrepreneur, and ministry supporter. From their early years as missionaries in Mexico to the development of a groundbreaking Spanish homeschool curriculum, Katie's story will inspire and equip moms searching for their purpose and seeking to make a positive impact through their work. Discover the joy of aligning with God's timing, embracing your uniqueness, and creating a harmonious blend of family, work, and calling in this enlightening episode!
Watch this full conversation on our YouTube channel.
Katie Hornor is an experienced speaker, best-selling author and expat entrepreneur in a sleepy little seaside town in Mexico who has inspired millions of people with her books, programs and unique approach to business. Through her Flamingo Advantage® Framework for client experience & marketing, Katie has helped over 8,000 entrepreneurs learn to maximize the impact of their expertise by scaling their online programs without compromising their Christian faith, their core values or their non-negotiables. Katie takes her inspiration from the quirky pink flamingo and believes “Your Message Matters”, You were created to stand out not blend in, and it is possible to find joy in doing “work as worship.”
- Have you ever experienced a setback or unexpected change in your career or ministry? How did you handle it, and did it ultimately lead to new opportunities or growth?
- How do you personally view the concept of work? Do you see it as a means to an end, or do you find enjoyment and purpose in what you do?
- Do you believe that everyone has a unique purpose and set of gifts that they can use to meet needs and make a positive impact on the world? Why or why not?
- How have you navigated the tension between your responsibilities as a parent and your desire to pursue work or other interests outside of motherhood/fatherhood?
- Are there any particular skills or talents that you possess that you feel could be used to serve others and bring in extra income? How might you go about discovering and developing those gifts?
- What strategies or techniques have you found helpful for maintaining a positive attitude and finding joy in the everyday responsibilities and tasks of life, particularly in the context of motherhood/fatherhood?
- How do you personally define success in work and in life? Is it solely about achievements and accomplishments, or is there a deeper significance that you strive for?
- How do you involve your spouse in your career or business decisions? How important do you think their support and involvement is for your success and fulfillment?
- Have you experienced any cultural or societal messages that have discouraged you from embracing your uniqueness or pursuing your passions? How have you worked to overcome or challenge those messages?
- How do you pass on the idea of work as worship to your children or the younger generation? What strategies or approaches have you found effective in helping them develop a positive attitude towards work and finding purpose in what they do?
Has the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast been a blessing to you? Support from our listeners allows us provide resources, support, and encouragement to homeschooling families around the world. Please consider donating to support Schoolhouse Rocked.
Be the most popular mom in your co-op. Get your Schoolhouse Rocked merch here.
CTCMath - CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ's power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
The Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) equips teachers and teaching parents with methods and materials which will aid them in training their students to become confident and competent communicators and thinkers. Using the Structure and Style™ writing method, IEW will give you the ability to fill young minds with language-building skills, laying the groundwork for a lifetime of excellent writing.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast is proud to be a member of the Christian Podcast Community.