"One of the keys in raising teenagers is even if they're good and they're compliant, we still need to be in tune with where they're at emotionally, mentally, we need to be checking in." - Nanette Brown
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast welcomes Nanette Brown to share her insights into nurturing the next generation of leaders. Tune in as host Yvette Hampton and Nanette explore the L.E.A.D.E.R. vision for cultivating leadership through faith and service. This episode offers an authentic look at homeschooling challenges, the emotional journey of parenting teenagers, and the life-changing power of mentorship. Learn how ordinary people can achieve the extraordinary in raising children with a heart for God and others, and be encouraged by Nanette's personal anecdotes and strategies for fostering growth. Whether you're a homeschool parent or seeking to instill leadership qualities in your kids, you'll find invaluable guidance here.
Come back tomorrow for the rest of this important conversation.
Has the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcastbeen a blessing to you? Support from our listeners allows us provide resources, support, and encouragement to homeschooling families around the world. Would you please consider a year-end gift to support the Schoolhouse Rocked ministry?
Summit Ministries Student Conferences - Give your kids an unshakeable faith! Summit Ministries Student Conferences give teens and young adults reasons to trust the biblical foundation you’ve laid for them. Get a $200 discount on their in-person conference by using code SCHOOLHOUSE24 at checkout. And receive an additional $200 off with their Early Bird Discount when you register by March 31st.
1. How can parents foster a sense of servant leadership in their children, following the L.E.A.D.E.R. acronym Nanette discusses?
2. What are some specific ways parents can involve their teenagers in church or community activities to help them develop leadership skills?
3. In what ways can family Bible time and prayer become more engaging for children, especially as they navigate the various stages of their development?
4. What strategies can homeschool parents employ to be more in tune with their children’s emotional needs, especially during the challenging teenage years?
5. Discuss the importance of having influential figures in a child's life outside of the parents. How can these relationships shape a child’s growth and leadership qualities?
6. What are the challenges of nurturing both natural leaders and those who tend to follow, and how can parents ensure they are giving their children what they need to thrive in their roles?
7. How can parents maintain their sense of purpose and resolve feelings of inadequacy when they face doubts about their homeschooling efforts?
8. Based on the inspiring story Nanette shared, how can parents encourage and support children who might show unexpected leadership qualities, and what does this tell us about recognizing each child’s unique gifts?
❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Are you in need of a fresh vision for your homeschool? Join us for 4 days of Homeschool Encouragement at the Homegrown Generation Family Expo. Use the coupon code PODCAST to save 25% on registration today!
CTCMath - CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ's power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
Summit Ministries - Summit Ministries Student Conferences give teens and young adults reasons to trust the biblical foundation you’ve laid for them. Get a $200 discount on their in-person conference by using code SCHOOLHOUSE24 at checkout. And receive an additional $200 off with their Early Bird Discount when you register by March 31st.