"Honestly, one of the biggest recommendations I have...is you need to spend at least a good month, if not just your first year of time, just getting back to being a family and what that looks like, because you're changing the dynamics." – Kristi Clover
Are you considering homeschooling? Yvette Hampton and guest, Kristi Clover, dive into the essential aspects of homeschooling in this captivating episode. From understanding state laws to creating a customized curriculum that sparks your child's interests, you'll gain valuable insights and strategies for a successful homeschooling journey. Whether you're new to homeschooling or a seasoned veteran, this episode is filled with practical advice and encouragement for every homeschooling parent.
Come back tomorrow and Friday for the rest of this important conversation.
Watch this full conversation on our YouTube channel.
Kristi Clover is a home organization and #momlife expert. She’s also the author of M.O.M.=Master Organizer of Mayhem and Homeschool Basics, the host of the Simply Joyful Podcast, and a popular conference speaker. Her passion is to help Christian women find sanity and joy in the throes of mom life. She loves to share about her adventures in motherhood and home life through a variety of media — including online courses — that you can find at KristiClover.com. Kristi lives in San Diego with her husband, Steve, and their five children.
Be sure to connect with Kristi online for an extra dose of encouragement. She’s @KristiClover on most social media networks. You can grab a free digital copy of her Sanity Savers for Moms book at KristiClover.com/sanity.
- What are some important considerations to keep in mind when familiarizing yourself with your state's homeschooling laws?
- How can the Homeschool Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) be a valuable resource for parents looking to start homeschooling?
- In what ways can homeschooling provide flexibility and fewer restrictions, as compared to traditional schooling?
- How do concerns about curriculum and sex education in public schools shape the speaker's approach to homeschooling?
- What are the primary goals of homeschooling for the speaker, and why are they important?
- How does the speaker approach the idea of children making their own choices regarding faith, and what is the role of the parent in this process?
- How did Yvette Hampton's personal experience inspire the topic and content of this episode?
- What are some alternative methods of learning mentioned in the episode, and how can they be implemented in homeschooling?
- How can parents find support from homeschool communities and conventions, and why is this important for their homeschooling journey?
- What are some potential benefits and challenges of homeschooling, and how can parents address the challenges and maximize the benefits?
Has the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast been a blessing to you? Support from our listeners allows us provide resources, support, and encouragement to homeschooling families around the world. Please consider donating to support Schoolhouse Rocked.
Be the most popular mom in your co-op. Get your Schoolhouse Rocked merch here.
CTCMath - CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ's power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
The Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) equips teachers and teaching parents with methods and materials which will aid them in training their students to become confident and competent communicators and thinkers. Using the Structure and Style™ writing method, IEW will give you the ability to fill young minds with language-building skills, laying the groundwork for a lifetime of excellent writing.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast is proud to be a member of the Christian Podcast Community.