"And that's exactly what it's like to homeschool, sometimes you have to take that step of faith. Just like Peter getting out of the boat. There is firm foundation and that's Christ. And as long as you keep your eyes on Christ, you will get through your homeschool season and you will never, ever regret it." – Kristi Clover
Yvette Hampton is joined by homeschooling expert Kristi Clover for the conclusion of their series on how to homeschool. Get ready to discover the revolutionary crate system that will transform your homeschool organization. Learn how to streamline curriculum, promote independence, and manage your children's workload effectively. Whether you're a new homeschooler or a veteran looking for fresh strategies, this episode is a must-listen!
Watch this full conversation on our YouTube channel.
Kristi Clover is a home organization and #momlife expert. She’s also the author of M.O.M.=Master Organizer of Mayhem and Homeschool Basics, the host of the Simply Joyful Podcast, and a popular conference speaker. Her passion is to help Christian women find sanity and joy in the throes of mom life. She loves to share about her adventures in motherhood and home life through a variety of media — including online courses — that you can find at KristiClover.com. Kristi lives in San Diego with her husband, Steve, and their five children.
Be sure to connect with Kristi online for an extra dose of encouragement. She’s @KristiClover on most social media networks. You can grab a free digital copy of her Sanity Savers for Moms book at KristiClover.com/sanity.
- Have you ever tried organizing your homeschool materials using a crate system or any other system? What worked well for you and what challenges did you face?
- How do you prioritize and choose curriculum materials for your homeschool? Do you follow a specific approach, such as Charlotte Mason or unit studies, or do you customize your curriculum based on your child's needs?
- What are some practical ways you incorporate character development into your homeschooling? Have you found any resources or methods particularly helpful in teaching character traits?
- How do you handle the pressure to create a perfect homeschool image on social media platforms like Pinterest and Instagram? Have you ever felt overwhelmed or discouraged seeing other homeschooling families' seemingly perfect setups?
- Have you ever tried incorporating video-based learning materials, such as the ones recommended by the speaker? How has it impacted your teaching and your child's learning experience?
- How do you adapt your homeschooling approach as your family grows and the needs of your children change? Have you found any specific strategies or methods helpful in teaching different grade levels simultaneously?
- Do you agree with the speaker's belief that a college degree is not necessary for success? What alternative paths to success have you considered or taken in your homeschooling journey?
- How do you handle the challenges of teaching children who may have different learning styles or preferences? Do you customize their curriculum or adjust your teaching methods to accommodate their needs?
- How do you find and evaluate homeschooling methods and curricula? Do you rely on recommendations from friends, online resources, or attending homeschooling conferences and seminars?
- How do you balance the desire for academic achievement with the importance of character development in your homeschooling? How do you prioritize one over the other or find a balance between the two?
Has the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast been a blessing to you? Support from our listeners allows us provide resources, support, and encouragement to homeschooling families around the world. Please consider donating to support Schoolhouse Rocked.
Be the most popular mom in your co-op. Get your Schoolhouse Rocked merch here.
CTCMath - CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ's power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
The Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) equips teachers and teaching parents with methods and materials which will aid them in training their students to become confident and competent communicators and thinkers. Using the Structure and Style™ writing method, IEW will give you the ability to fill young minds with language-building skills, laying the groundwork for a lifetime of excellent writing.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast is proud to be a member of the Christian Podcast Community.