Looking for a fresh perspective on the difficulties of parenthood? Yvette Hampton engages in a thought-provoking conversation with Abbie Halberstadt (M Is For Mama), author of Hard Is Not the Same Thing as Bad: The Perspective Shift That Could Completely Change the Way You Mother. In this episode, Abbie shares her personal struggles as a mother and how she overcame them with a shift in perspective. From dealing with toddler tantrums to finding grace amidst challenging circumstances, this episode offers practical tips, biblical wisdom, and heartfelt stories that all parents can relate to. Find inspiration, encouragement, and a renewed sense of purpose in your role as a parent.
Watch this full conversation on our YouTube channel.
Podcast Note-Taking Guide
Hard Is Not the Same Thing as Bad: The Perspective Shift That Could Completely Change the Way You Mother, by Abbie Halberstadt
M Is for Mama: A Rebellion Against Mediocre Motherhood, by Abbie Halberstadt
M is for Mama - Abbie Halberstadt on the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast (Family Series)
https://www.paintandprose.com – Homeschool and Mama Merch
YouTube - M Is For Mama Official
M is for Mama Podcast
Instagram - @m.is.for.mama
Facebook – M is for Mama
📚📖 Ready to start homeschooling? Download your free Homeschool Survival Kit today!
🍿🍿🍿 Stream Schoolhouse Rocked: The Homeschool Revolution for FREE today!
❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Are you in need of a fresh vision for your homeschool? Join us for 4 days of Homeschool Encouragement at the Homegrown Generation Family Expo. Use the coupon code PODCAST to save 25% on registration today!
Discussion Questions For the Series:
- How does Abbie challenge the belief that motherhood is martyrdom and giving up everything? Do you agree or disagree with her perspective?
- What do you think Abbie means when she says that being a competent and excellent secular mom is not enough? How does the Holy Spirit and meaningful motivation play a role in motherhood?
- Abbie emphasizes that the purpose of motherhood should be about serving and glorifying God. How can mothers incorporate this perspective into their daily lives?
- Abbie mentions that the fruit of conviction in one's heart will bear fruit, even if the timing and method are uncertain. Can you share any personal experiences where you saw this played out in your own life?
- Abbie draws parallels between coming out of a season of ease and going through difficulty cyclically, comparing it to a blacksmith's curing process. How do you interpret this analogy? Can you relate to this experience in your own life?
- Abbie discusses society's focus on ease and fun, often at the expense of relationships and family. Do you agree with her assessment? How do you see this playing out in today's culture?
- Abbie acknowledges the challenges of fulfilling various roles, such as being a parent, spouse, family member, and friend. How do you navigate these challenges in your own life? What strategies do you employ to find balance and maintain your well-being?
- Abbie emphasizes that just because something is difficult, it does not mean it is bad. How do you approach difficult situations or tasks in your life? Do you find it challenging to shift your perspective and embrace the difficulties as opportunities for growth?
- Abbie discusses the importance of seeking and accepting help when struggling, as well as the tendency to dwell in our struggles instead of utilizing the help that is available. Can you think of a time when you resisted asking for help, and how did that impact your situation? How can we overcome the fear or reluctance to ask for help?
- Abbie shares her personal experience of initially not finding parenthood enjoyable, but how it has since brought her much joy. Can you relate to this experience? How have your perspectives on parenthood or challenging situations evolved over time?
Be the most popular mom in your co-op. Get your Schoolhouse Rocked merch here.
CTCMath - CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ's power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
The Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) equips teachers and teaching parents with methods and materials which will aid them in training their students to become confident and competent communicators and thinkers. Using the Structure and Style™ writing method, IEW will give you the ability to fill young minds with language-building skills, laying the groundwork for a lifetime of excellent writing.
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast is proud to be a member of the Christian Podcast Community.