"I think ultimately what God wants is to refine us in this homeschooling process. It's not like we're the ones that have it together and we're teaching these children to get it together. It's that we're all people that need refined, and we're all people that need to depend on the Lord. And it's just something we're all working through together." - Aby Rinella
Join us for an inspiring episode of the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast, as Aby Rinella is back with Yvette Hampton to discuss their excitement about the new homeschool year. Aby shares their passion for teaching American history through literature-based learning and their plans to incorporate audiobooks into their teaching. With a focus on teaching anatomy and physiology using Apologia curriculum, Aby also talks about the benefits of learning natural medicine for their high school daughter. She also shares her strategies for effective planning and how they have revamped their curriculum to make homeschooling even more engaging and enjoyable.
Come back Wednesday and Thursday for the rest of this important conversation.
Watch this full conversation on our YouTube channel.
Discussion Questions For the Series:
- How do you feel about Aby's approach to teaching American history through literature? Do you think this method would be effective for your own children?
- Have you ever felt overwhelmed by managing multiple cores or subjects? How did you handle it, and did you find any resources or strategies helpful?
- What are your thoughts on incorporating natural medicine into the study of anatomy and physiology? Do you think it adds value to the curriculum? Why or why not?
- Reflect on your own experiences of signing up for extracurricular activities or co-op classes without thinking it through. How did it impact your schedule and overall homeschooling experience?
- How do you prioritize building relationships with your children in your homeschooling routine? Do you find it challenging to balance academics and fostering strong connections?
- Have you ever had to switch or change curricula in the middle of the school year? How did it affect your homeschooling dynamic? Would you recommend the Foundation Worldview curriculum based on the speaker's endorsement?
- How do you approach math education in your homeschool? Do you prefer teaching directly or using computer-based programs like CTCMath?
- Discuss the importance of studying God's Word in your homeschooling journey. How do you ensure that your children receive strong biblical teaching and have opportunities to explore the truth?
- What are your experiences with field trips and how they have enriched your homeschooling. Have you discovered any hidden gems or unknown places in your local area?
- Reflect on your own expectations as a homeschooling parent. How do you handle it when things don't go according to plan? How can you shift your mindset and let go of control to foster a more positive homeschool experience for yourself and your children?
Podcast Note-Taking Guide
📚📖 Ready to start homeschooling? Download your free Homeschool Survival Kit today!
🍿🍿🍿 Stream Schoolhouse Rocked: The Homeschool Revolution for FREE today!
❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Are you in need of a fresh vision for your homeschool? Join us for 4 days of Homeschool Encouragement at the Homegrown Generation Family Expo. Use the coupon code PODCAST to save 25% on registration today!
Apologia Science Curriculum
The Fallacy Detective: Thirty-Eight Lessons on How to Recognize Bad Reasoning
Torchlighters Study Guides and DVDs
Foundation Worldview Bible Curriculum
Elizabeth Urbanowicz, of Foundation Worldview, on the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast
World History - Master Books
Foundations in Personal Finance – Dave Ramsey
Reading Roadmap - Center for Lit
Corrie ten Boom: Keeper of the Angels' Den (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)
Corrie ten Boom Christian Heroes Devotion/Workbook
George Muller: The Guardian of Bristol's Orphans (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)
George Müller Christian Heroes Then and Now Guided Devotional
She Dwells on James Tween Christian Devotional
She Dwells on Colossians Tween Christian Devotional
The Book with No Pictures, by BJ Novak
Bible Project Book Overview videos
How to Homeschool: A Step-by-Step Guide with Kristi Clover
Getting Started in Homeschooling - Israel Wayne on the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast
Has the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast been a blessing to you? Support from our listeners allows us provide resources, support, and encouragement to homeschooling families around the world. Please consider donating to support Schoolhouse Rocked.
Be the most popular mom in your co-op. Get your Schoolhouse Rocked merch here.
CTCMath - CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ's power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
The Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) equips teachers and teaching parents with methods and materials which will aid them in training their students to become confident and competent communicators and thinkers. Using the Structure and Style™ writing method, IEW will give you the ability to fill young minds with language-building skills, laying the groundwork for a lifetime of excellent writing.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast is proud to be a member of the Christian Podcast Community.